2018 Sanctuary Cove International Film Festival
Deadline dates and submission fees vary based on category of entry. In order to qualify as a Short Film, the total running time must be less than 10 minutes, including credits. Feature Films must have a total running time of 70 minutes or more. Projects submitted to the Episodic Content category may include multiple episodes of varying lengths. Virtual Reality Projects may be of any length or size, but you must provide a link to download your project’s installation package or 360° video file on your application.
Australian Short Film
International Short Film
Best newcomer Actress
Best newcomer Actor
Junior Film Maker Award
Best Stunt Man
- Films must have been made in the last 3 years and not yet released to an Australian cinema, television, DVD or streaming audience.
- Feature films must be over 70 minutes in length and short films must be under 10.
- All films must pay a submission fee so as to keep the integrity of the competition. In rare cases a special exemption can be made by the committee for under developed nations or cases of extreme hardship.
- Films must be available for screening during the festival from November 24-28 2018.
- Narrative and Documentary films with Australian distribution are ineligible for competition but could be eligible for an exclusive VIP LAUNCH screening.
- Films aired on free to air television, released on DVD, streamed on line publicly before the festival are not eligible for competition.
- We prefer your film to be Australian, Australasian, Queensland state or even East coast premieres. This is taken into consideration when including films.
- We do not accept works in progress apart from sound or grading still being worked on.
- There are strictly no refunds to any festival entries.
- Please post us a screening copy of the film on DVD. NTSC or PAL is preferred. Please send a cover letter describing your film. There is a no return policy on DVDs. You will be notified upon receiving your film.
- We do NOT under any circumstances invite films to the competition. Only films paid for will be viewed by our committee. If your film is amazing and in the running for a major prize you could be told of its inclusion in the festival at an earlier date so there is a chance of your launch party, closing party and premiere attendance.